Owners can file a claim once the trip has been completed. You will have a total of 7 days to open a claim on the deposit. If a claim hasn't been open and 7 days have elapsed since the traveller's check-out date, the damage deposit will be automatically returned to the traveller. If you open a claim, you will then have 14 days to come to an agreement with the traveller. If the traveller denies your claim or if more than 14 days have passed since the date you opened your claim, the CanadaStays team will review all information and make a final judgement on the claim.
To file a claim on a damage deposit:
- Go to www.canadastays.com and log into your account by clicking the Login button in the top right corner of the page.
- Once logged in, click on the Reservation tab on the left side of the page. Find and click the Reservation ID that you would like to open a claim for.
- This page will outline the reservation details. Under the section called Damage Deposit, click Open Claim.
- You are then required to confirm the action. This page outlines the maximum amount you may claim and the due date for the claim to be resolved. If you would like to continue, click Start a Claim.
- From here, you may adjust the claim amount (please note: the maximum amount you may claim is the full amount of the original deposit). If you do not have the cost of damages at the moment, please mark off the box below stating "I don't know the amount I am going to claim yet".
- You will then need to describe the reason for the claim and submit photos and/or other supporting documentation. Photos may include damages or receipts. Once finished, click Send to Traveller.
- The traveller will then receive notification of your claim and will have the opportunity to respond.
- If the claim has not resolved within a 14 day period, the CanadaStays arbitration team will intervene to resolve the issue.
For more details on the CanadaStays resolution centre and arbitration, please visit: How the Resolution Centre Works?
*Please note as of October 31/2019 this feature is no longer offered to new owners.